The interactive themed exhibition Long May You Live deals with various aspects of health and quality of life.
Concepts such as health, fitness and happiness are demonstrated in hands-on exhibits and multimedia. Visitors learn about living a good life at older age, their physical and psychical capacities and the influance of alcohol and drugs.
The exhibits not only cover 'hard' science (for examble blood pressure, calories) but also human psychology (happiness, stress, spending behaviour) and sociology (causes of death, life expectancy). Alongside the healthy body, the healthy mind is also put to the test.
An interactive presentation enables visitors to go on a journey of discovery on their own, in playful competition with their age group and with the average visitor. By means of RFID bracelets, visitors can keep track of their results and are able to compare them with averages of other visitors.
The science centre gets interesting anonymous data on visitor behaviour: popularity of exhibits, visitor flow, differences between age groups and who reads background texts.
Long May You Live was exhibited at:
- Technopolis, Mechelen, Belgium, December 2005 - September 2007
- Museon, The Hague, the Netherlands, July 2009 - October 2010
- La Cité des sciences et de l'industrie, Paris, France, March 2011 - October 2011
- The Scientific Center, Kuwait, September 2012 - March 2013
Long May You Live can be seen at:
- Technopolis, Mechelen, Belgium, September 2013 - August 2016