The objective of Technopolis, the Flemish Science Centre, is to give people a chance to explore scientific phenomena and sophisticated technology, and thereby to spark their curiosity. The key word here is interactivity: by trying everything out and doing things for yourself, you will discover the inner workings of the objects around you. The Flemish Science Centre in Mechelen is the permanent meeting-place of this initiative for the popularization of science. Almost every day of the year, you can come and awaken the explorer in you, embark on an adventure and rediscover the world.
Every staff member (m/f) of Technopolis must have the following qualities:
- an interest in scientific, technological and socio-economic developments.
- a flexible and stress-resistant attitude: tight deadlines don't frighten them.
- a strong team spirit.
- a generous dose of dynamism: the Technopolis staff know how to get down to work!
- a sense of initiative.
- a customer-oriented way of thinking that results in high-quality solutions.
What we offer
What makes working at Technopolis so special?
- You can do your bit towards fulfilling the mission of Technopolis "to bring science and technology closer to people".
- You will be working within a modern infrastructure on a project that is nationally and internationally renowned.
- You will have a chance to prove yourself as part of a young and dynamic team.
- Fringe benefits include meal vouchers, group insurance, flexible working hours (for office staff) and training opportunities.
- After a probationary period, you will receive a season ticket for Technopolis for the whole family (or for friends, if you are single).
- Reimbursement of the cost of travel by public transport between home and the workplace.
- Covered bicycle stall.
- Regular social activities with colleagues.
We implement our HR policy with the help of the European Social Fund.