By buying a ticket, the visitor agrees to these rules and will always follow the guidelines of the Technopolis staff during his visit.
- On arrival, the person responsible for the group pays the total amount at the box office (cash / Bancontact / credit card / invoice).
- The amount is settled in its entirety (please don't pay with loose change).
- Combination ticket: If the confirmation of a group mentions "EUR 0", access to both attractions is to be paid at the box office of the first destination. Picnics, work booklets, electronic trails... are to be paid upon arrival at Technopolis. The combination ticket expires when the group counts less than 15 persons on the day of the visit.
- On presentation of a valid teacher's card, the holder will get 50% discount.
- If someone from the group holds a personal annual subscription or a friend’s subscription, this person gets free access to Technopolis on presentation of this card (at arrival).
- The entrance ticket is considered proof of payment. Ask for it at the reception desk. It should be shown upon entering as a proof of payment.
Exhibition and building
- Food and drinks are strictly prohibited in the exhibition space.
- Technopolis is a non-smoking building. If the alarm is activated, the cost will be recovered from the smoker.
- The set-ups should NOT be tested to their limits. In case of physical or material damage, Technopolis cannot be held liable. Any costs are recovered from the responsible party.
- The tranquillity and the green on the grounds of Technopolis must be respected by all visitors.
- Each visitor should conserve water and energy.
- Waste should be deposited and sorted in the bins provided for that purpose.
- Inappropriate behaviour, behaviour that causes nuisance, theft or vandalism is reported to the police.
- Lost items are kept for several weeks. You can ask for them via 015 34 20 00.
- The land and buildings of Technopolis are accessible only to visitors of the Science Centre.
- Cyclists can store their bikes in the free covered bicycle parking next to the building.
- Bus lines 282 and 682 pass at regular intervals at the Technopolis stop. More information about the timetables and location of the bus stop can be obtained at reception.
- Visitors can park for free on the car park next to and behind the building.
- At the back of the building, there is obligatory parking for buses.
Reception of groups
- The person in charge of the group immediately goes to the reception desk upon arrival. The group itself will be entertained by a Technopolis edutainer.
- A number of trolleys are made available for groups to store bags, backpacks etc. (forbidden in the exhibition space) when booking a picnic. A lock and key can be obtained at the reception desk on presentation of a guarantee.
- If no picnic was ordered, leave the bags and backpacks on the bus.
- There are a limited number of lockers to store valuable items. But please leave as much material as possible on the bus.
- Storing in the lockers and trolleys is always at your own responsibility.
- In the exhibition space, everyone walks around freely.
- Children under the age of 14 must always be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- It is necessary that the supervisors always accompany their group.
- If you have any questions or problems, there are some Technopolis staff members to help you out. You can recognise them by their red Technopolis shirt.
Photography and filming
- Photography and filming for commercial use are only permitted after written consent.
- It is possible that photos are taken or recordings are made during the visit to Technopolis, that can later be used for the Technopolis website. The usage rights of this footage belong to Technopolis, within the framework of its mission. The images can be used on the website. If a visitor objects to the use of his or her photo because of a specific reason, this can be reported via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reason. Technopolis will remove the photo as soon as possible.
- Picnics in Technopolis are only possible for groups and if booked in advance.
- There is a cost per person for picnics. This should be paid at the reception desk. The cost includes 1 drink.
- The picnic lasts 30 minutes.
- Advance booking is mandatory. If the group is not present at the reserved time, the picnic automatically shifts to the last available time.
- The restaurant is open from 11:30 to 17:00 on school days, the warm kitchen from 11:30 to 14:30.
- On non-school days, the restaurant is open from 10:30 to 17:00.